* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Statistics for Engineers and Scientists stands out for its crystal clear presentation of applied statistics. The book takes a practical approach to methods of statistical modeling and data analysis that are most often used in scientific work. This edition features a unique approach highlighted by an engaging writing style that explains difficult concepts clearly, along with the use of contemporary real world data sets, to help motivate students and show direct connections to industry and research. While focusing on practical applications of statistics, the text makes extensive use of examples to motivate fundamental concepts and to develop intuition.
McGraw-Hill Education's Connect is also available. Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, how they need it, so that class time is more effective. Connect allows the professor to assign homework, quizzes, and tests easily and automatically grades and records the scores of the student's work. Problems are randomized to prevent sharing of answers an may also have a "multi-step solution" which helps move the students' learning along if they experience difficulty.
1) Sampling and Descriptive Statistics
3) Propagation of Error
4) Commonly Used Distributions
5) Confidence Intervals
6) Hypothesis Testing
7) Correlation and Simple Linear Regression
8) Multiple Regression
9) Factorial Experiments
10) Statistical Quality Control
Appendix A - Tables
Appendix B - Partial Derivatives
Appendix C - Bibliography
Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.