* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Principles and Applications of Electrical Engineering provides a solid overview of the electrical engineering discipline that is especially geared toward the many non-electrical engineering students who take this course. The hallmark feature of the text is its liberal use of practical applications to illustrate important principles. The applications come from every field of engineering and feature exciting technologies such as Ohio State’s world-record setting electric car. The appeal to non-electrical engineering students is further heightened by special features, such as the book’s "Focus on Measurement" sections, "Focus on Methodology" sections, and "Make the Connection" sidebars. McGraw-Hill's Connect, is also available as an optional, add on item. Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, how they need it, so that class time is more effective. Connect allows the professor to assign homework, quizzes, and tests easily and automatically grades and records the scores of the student's work. Problems are randomized to prevent sharing of answers an may also have a "multi-step solution" which helps move the students' learning along if they experience difficulty.
1) Introduction to Electrical Engineering
Part I – Circuits
2) Fundamentals of Electric Circuits
3) Resistive Network Analysis
4) AC Network Analysis
5) Transient Analysis
6) Frequency Response and System Concepts
7) AC Power
Part II – Electronics
8) Operational Amplifiers
9) Semiconductors and Diodes
10) Bipolar Junction Transistors: Operation, Circuit Models, and Applications
11) Field-Effect Transistors: Operation, Circuit Models, and Applications
12) Power Electronics
13) Digital Logic Circuits
14) Digital Systems
Part III – Instrumentation and Communication Systems
15) Electronic Instrumentation and Measurements
16) Analog Communication Systems
17) Digital Communications
Part IV – Electromechanics
18) Principles of Electromechanics
19) Introduction to Electric Machines
20) Special-Purpose Electric Machines
Appendix A – Linear Algebra and Complex Numbers
Appendix B – The Laplace Transform
Appendix C – Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Examination
Appendix D – Answers to Selected
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.