Personal Finance13th Edition
- Personal Finance provides the information needed to help students plan for the future and achieve financial security.
- Updated and revised important topics like taxes, college loans, health care, and investments to provide the most current information available.
- Connect: A reliable, easy-to-use homework and learning management solution that embeds learning science and adaptive tools to improve student results.
Section 1: Planning Your Personal Finances
Ch. 1 Personal Finance Basics and the Time Value of Money
Ch. 1 Appendix: The Time Value of Money
Ch. 2 Financial Aspects of Career Planning
Ch. 2 Appendix: Résumés, Cover Letters, and Interviews
Ch. 3 Money Management Strategy: Financial Statements and Budgeting
Ch. 4 Planning Your Tax Strategy
Section 2: Managing Your Personal Finances
Ch. 5 Financial Services: Savings Plans and Payment Accounts
Ch. 6 Introduction to Consumer Credit
Ch. 7 Choosing a Source of Credit: The Costs of Credit Alternatives
Section 3: Making Your Purchasing Decisions
Ch. 8 Consumer Purchasing Strategies and Legal Protection
Ch. 9 The Housing Decision: Factors and Finances
Section 4: Insuring Your Resources
Ch. 10 Property and Motor Vehicle Insurance
Ch. 11 Health, Disability, and Long-Term Care Insurance
Ch. 12 Life Insurance
Section 5: Investing Your Financial Resources
Ch. 13 Investing Fundamentals
Ch. 14 Investing in Stocks
Ch. 15 Investing in Bonds
Ch. 16 Investing in Mutual Funds
Ch. 17 Investing in Real Estate and Other Investment Alternatives
Section 6: Controlling Your Financial Future
Ch. 18 Starting Early: Retirement Planning
Ch. 19 Estate Planning
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Equip students with adaptive, mobile study resources. They'll be better prepared in less time. They'll thank you.Learn more
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw-Hill. We have put in place processes to make accessibility and meeting the WCAG AA guidelines part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
In future editions, this rubric will be reformatted to increase accessibility and usability.
McGraw-Hill sites may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are provided as supplementary materials, and for learners’ information and convenience only. McGraw-Hill has no control over and is not responsible for the content or accessibility of any linked website.