- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
P.O.W.E.R. Learning is the only research-based student success series with a unifying system for critical thinking and problem solving. P.O.W.E.R. Learning maximizes students' potential for success in college and in life by addressing a diverse student population with real-world examples and applications in the context of their career. Using the scientifically-based, yet simple and class-tested principles of the P.O.W.E.R. (Prepare, Organize, Work, Evaluate, and Rethink) system, students gain a sense of mastery and achievement; with the growth of their confidence comes the increased intellectual enthusiasm and personal discipline needed for them to excel.
1. P.O.W.E.R Learning: Becoming a successful student
2. Making the most of your time
3. Discovering your learning styles, self-concept, and values
Part 2: Using P.O.W.E.R for Academic Success
4. Taking Notes
5. Taking Tests
6. Reading and Remembering
7. Writing and Speaking
8. Choosing your courses and major
9. Technology and information competency
Part 3: Life Beyond the Classroom
10. Making good decisions
11. Diversity and your relationships with others
12. Money matters
13. Stress, health, and wellness
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources