Organizational Behavior: Human Behavior at Work, 14th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Organizational Behavior: Human Behavior at Work, 14e is a solid research-based and referenced text known for its very readable style and innovative pedagogy. While minimizing technical jargon, John Newstrom carefully blends theory with practice so that basic theories come to life in a realistic context. As in previous editions, this edition will be filled with practical, applied advice and a widely accepted, and specially updated, presentation of five models of organizational behavior that provides an integrating framework throughout the book.
Part One - Fundamentals of Organisational Behavior
Chapter 1: The Dynamics of People and Organizations
Chapter 2: Models of Organisational Behavior
Chapter 3: Managing Communications
Chapter 4: Social Systems and Organizational Culture
Part Two - Motivation and Reward Systems
Chapter 5: Motivation
Chapter 6: Appraising and Rewarding Performance
Part Three - Leadership and Empowerment
Chapter 7: Leadership
Chapter 8: Empowerment and Participation
Part Four - Individual and Interpersonal Behavior
Chapter 9: Employee Attitudes and Their Effects
Chapter 10: Issues between Organizations and Individuals
Chapter 11: Conflict, Power, and Organizational Politics
Part Five - Group Behavior
Chapter 12: Informal and Formal Groups
Chapter 13: Teams and Team Building
Part Six - Change and Its Effects
Chapter 14: Managing Change
Chapter 15: Stress and Counseling
Part Seven - Emerging Aspects of Organizational Behavior
Chapter 16: Organisational Behavior across Cultures
Part Eight - Case Problems
Appendix A: Personal Development Plan
Appendix B: Practical Advice to Future Managers
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources