Message Received: 7 Steps to Break Down Communication Barriers at Work, 1st Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The action plan you need to ensure everyone’s understood—digitally and across generations According to social scientist and award-winning CEO Dr. Mary Donohue, we communicate ineffectively at work a staggering 80% of the time! From the tone of an email to the almost-but-not-quite eye contact of a video conference app, today’s tech has increased the speed and scope of our communications—as well as the opportunities to misunderstand each other completely. This lack of effective communication is a leading cause of workplace stress. In this widely anticipated and deeply researched book, Dr. Donohue, a victim of workplace stress herself, lays out a seven-step solution to give you the tools you need to make communication a cure for workplace stress, not a cause—even (especially) when you’re working with a generationally diverse team. Discover what’s at the root of the problem—from misunderstood emails and misinterpreted texts to misconstrued social media posts and missed social cues on Zoom—and learn how to respond to different communication preferences now. Through helpful charts, case studies, evidence-backed research, and more, you’ll walk away with the tools you need to ensure everyone on your team—yourself included—is heard and understood, so there’s less time clarifying and more time for everyone to be their best, most productive selves.
YOUR BRAIN: THE GREAT DIGITAL VOICE CRISIS
STEP 1: STOP ASSUMING
STEP 2: ELIMINATE DIGITAL DISTRUST
STEP 3: UNDERSTAND MISUNDERSTANDINGS
STEP 4: IDENTIFY GENERATIONAL TRIGGERS
STEP 5: HAVE BETTER MEETINGS
STEP 6: AMPLIFY GENERATIONAL
COLLABORATION WITH MENTORING
STEP 7: REALIZE YOUR POWER
AS A COMMUNICATOR
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources