Managing Operations Across the Supply Chain4th Edition
- Swink 4e reflects key shifts in the business world, including a focus on sustainability, global issues, and relationships.
- This title presents a balanced treatment of quantitative and qualitative coverage needed to equip operations and supply chain managers for the challenges in the workplace.
- Connect is an easy-to-use homework and learning management solution that embeds learning science and award-winning adaptive tools to improve student results.
Ch. 1 Introduction to Managing Operations Across the Supply Chain
Ch. 2 Operations and Supply Chain Strategy
Ch. 3 Managing Processes and Capacity
Ch. 3a Process Mapping and Analysis
Ch. 4 Product/Process Innovation
Ch. 5 Manufacturing and Service Process Structures
Ch. 6 Managing Quality
Ch. 6a Quality Improvement Tools
Ch. 7 Managing Inventories
Ch. 8 Lean Systems
Ch. 9 Customer Service Management
Ch. 10 Sourcing and Supply Management
Ch. 11 Logistics Management
Ch. 12 Demand Planning: Forecasting and Demand Management
Ch. 13 Sales and Operations Planning
Ch. 14 Materials and Resource Requirements Planning
Ch. 15 Project Management
Ch. 15a Advanced Methods for Project Scheduling
Ch. 16 Sustainable Operations Management – Preparing for the Future
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Equip students with adaptive, mobile study resources. They'll be better prepared in less time. They'll thank you.Learn more
are auto-graded exercises that use different numeric values each time a problem is served up to the student. This gives students practice in working a problem several times; they get the same question, but with different numbers each time. This also deters cheating because each student in a class or lab receives a slightly different version of the problem and corresponding answer.
Excel Data Sets:
A convenient new feature is the inclusion of an Excel data file link in many problems using data files in their calculations. The link allows students to easily launch into Excel, work the problem, and return to Connect to key in the answers that are auto-graded to save instructors time.
Concept Overview Videos:
These assignable videos with corresponding questions provide students with additional reinforcement on core topics in the chapters. Created by instructors, these personal videos will bring online courses to life and help supplement any face-to-face class. The videos are followed by auto-graded concept-check questions, and they are organized by chapter within Connect.
Interactive Data Problems:
NEW application problems present students with data, graphs, and tables, and allow them to visualize and manipulate the information in order to answer a series of assignable and gradable questions.
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.