* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
The Thirteenth Edition takes students on an extraordinary musical journey through the changing styles and fascinating history of jazz. Offering a listening-based approach to the study of jazz history, this text helps students gain a better understanding of the music and how it has evolved over the decades while remaining a uniquely American art form.
Instructors and students can now access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect® is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following:
- SmartBook® - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content.
- Access to your instructor’s homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, notes, reminders, and other important files for the course.
- Progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement.
- The option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book. This binder-ready, loose-leaf version includes free shipping.
Complete system requirements to use Connect can be found here: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-students.html
CHAPTER 1: Listening to Jazz
CHAPTER 2: Jazz Heritages
CHAPTER 3: The Blues
CHAPTER 4: Piano Styles: Ragtime to Boogie-Woogie
CHAPTER 5: Early New Orleans and Chicago Style Jazz
CHAPTER 6: Swing
CHAPTER 7: Duke Ellington
CHAPTER 8: Bop
CHAPTER 9: Cool/Third Stream
CHAPTER 10: Miles Davis
CHAPTER 11: Hard Bop, Funky, Gospel Jazz
CHAPTER 12: John Coltrane
CHAPTER 13: Free Form, Avant-Garde
CHAPTER 14: Jazz/Rock Fusion
CHAPTER 15: Contemporary Trends: A Maturing Art Form
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.