Fundamentals of Investments: Valuation and Management9th Edition
- Introductory text focused on students as investment managers by giving them information to act on instead of concentrating on theories and research without the proper context.
- Offers strong, consistent pedagogy, including a balanced, unified treatment of the main types of financial investments as mirrored in the investment world. Topics organized to be easy to apply and supported with hands-on activities.
- Provide mapping between the textbook and CFA curriculum.
Ch. 1 A Brief History of Risk and Return
Ch. 2 The Investment Process
Ch. 3 Overview of Security Tips
Ch. 4 Mutual Funds and Other Investment Companies
PART TWO: Stock Markets
Ch. 5 The Stock Market
Ch. 6 Common Stock Valuation
Ch. 7 Stock Price Behavior and Market Efficiency
Ch. 8 Behavioral Finance and the Psychology of Investing
PART THREE: Interest Rates and Bond Valuation
Ch. 9 Interest Rates
Ch. 10 Bond Prices and Yields
PART FOUR: Portfolio Management
Ch. 11 Diversification and Risky Asset Allocation
Ch. 12 Return, Risk, and the Security Market Line
Ch. 13 Performance Evaluation and Risk Management
PART FIVE: Futures and Options
Ch. 14 Futures Contracts
Ch. 15 Stock Options
Ch. 16 Option Valuation
PART SIX: Topics in Investments
Ch. 17 Alternative Investments
Ch. 18 Corporate and Government Bonds
Ch. 19 Projecting Cash Flow and Earnings
Ch. 20 Global Economic Activity and Industry Analysis
Ch. 21 Mortgage-Backed Securities
A Answers to Test Your Investment Quotient Questions
B Answers to Selected Questions and Problems
C Key Equations
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.Learn more
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.