Fundamentals of Corporate Finance10th Edition
- Fundamentals is an introduction to corporate finance, focusing on how companies invest in real assets, raise the money to pay for the investments, and how those assets affect the value of the firm.
- Includes coverage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed in December 2017 in both the text and Connect.
- Connect: A reliable, easy-to-use homework and learning management solution, embedding learning science and award-winning adaptive tools to improve results.
Part One: Introduction
1. Goals and Governance of the Corporation
2. Financial Markets and Institutions
3. Accounting and Finance
4. Measuring Corporate Performance
Part Two: Value
5. The Time Value of Money
6. Valuing Bonds
7. Valuing Stocks
8. Net Present Value and Other Investment Criteria
9. Using Discounted Cash-Flow Analysis to Make Investment Decisions
10. Project Analysis
Part Three: Risk
11. Introduction to Risk, Return, and the Opportunity Cost of Capital
12. Risk, Return, and Capital Budgeting
13. The Weighted-Average Cost of Capital and Company Valuation
Part Four: Financing
14. Introduction to Corporate Financing
15. How Corporations Raise Venture Capital and Issue Securities
Part Five: Debt and Payout Policy
16. Debt Policy
17. Payout Policy
Part Six: Financial Analysis and Planning
18. Long-Term Financial Planning
19. Short-Term Financial Planning
20. Working Capital Management
Part Seven: Special Topics
21. Mergers, Acquisitions, and Corporate Control
22. International Financial Management
24. Risk Management
Part Eight: Conclusion
25. What We Do and Do Not Know about Finance
Appendix: Present Value and Future Value Tables
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.Learn more
Assignable End-Of-Chapter Material -
Assignable, gradable end-of-chapter content within Connect helps students learn to solve problems and apply the concepts in finance.
Algorithmic problems are auto-graded exercises using different numeric values each time a problem is served up to the student. This gives students practice in working a problem several times – same question, but different numbers each time. This also deters cheating because each student in a class or lab receives a slightly different version of the problem and correct answer.
Excel Simulation Problems allow students to practice their Excel skills, including financial functions and formulas, within the context of Corporate Finance. Questions feature animated and narrated "Help" and "Show Me" tutorials for students, as well as automatic feedback and grading for both students and professors.
NEW! Interactive Data Problems:
Interactive Data Problems are assignable in Connect and allow students to visualize and interact with data in different ways. Students use this tool to manipulate data and answer a variety of accompanying problems that test multiple levels of understanding.
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw-Hill. We have put in place processes to make accessibility and meeting the WCAG AA guidelines part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
In future editions, this rubric will be reformatted to increase accessibility and usability.
McGraw-Hill sites may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are provided as supplementary materials, and for learners’ information and convenience only. McGraw-Hill has no control over and is not responsible for the content or accessibility of any linked website.