* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
To prepare materials engineers and scientists of the future, Foundations of Materials Science and Engineering, Sixth Edition is designed to present diverse top¬ics in the field with appropriate breadth and depth. The strength of the book is in its balanced presentation of concepts in science of materials (basic knowledge) and engi¬neering of materials (applied knowledge). The basic and applied concepts are inte¬grated through concise textual explanations, relevant and stimulating imagery, detailed sample problems, electronic supplements, and homework problems. This textbook is therefore suitable for both an introductory course in materials at the sophomore level and a more advanced (junior/senior level) second course in materials science and engi¬neering. The extensive media package available with the text provides tutorials and animations, as well as image files, case studies, FE Exam review questions, and a solutions manual and lecture PowerPoint files for instructors.
1 Introduction to Materials Science and Engineering
2 Atomic Structure and Bonding
3 Crystal and Amorphous Structures in Materials
4 Solidification, Crystalline Imperfections
5 Thermally Activated Processes and Diffusion in Solids
6 Mechanical Properties of Metals I
7 Mechanical Properties of Metals II
8 Phase Diagrams
9 Engineering Alloys
10 Polymeric Materials
12 Composite Materials
14 Electrical Properties of Materials
15 Optical Properties and Superconductive Materials
16 Magnetic Properties
17 Biological and Biomaterials
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.