Foundation Engineering: Geotechnical Principles and Practical Applications, 1st Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Master the art and science of foundation engineering
This civil engineering textbook shows how geotechnical theory connects with the design and construction of today’s foundations. Foundation Engineering: Geotechnical Principles and Practical Applications shows how to perform critical calculations, apply the newest ground modification technologies, engineer and build effective foundations, and monitor performance and safety. Written by a recognized expert in the field, the book covers both shallow and deep foundations. Real-world case studies and practice problems help reinforce key information.
• Soil classification, clay, and minerals
• Moisture content and unit weight
• Shear strength
• Terzagi’s eureka moment
• Shallow foundations, stress distribution, and settlement
• Flow nets, seepage, and dewatering
• Slope stability
• Deep foundations
• Ground modification
• Retaining walls and wall friction
• Empirical tests
• Field monitoring
• Ethics and legal issues