Exercise Physiology Laboratory Manual, 8th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Exercise Physiology Laboratory Manual is a comprehensive resource for instructors and students interested in practical laboratory experiences related to the field of exercise physiology. This program can be used as both a standalone lab manual or as a complement to any exercise physiology textbook. Students will come away with thorough instruction on the measurement and evaluation of muscular strength, anaerobic and aerobic fitness, cardiovascular function, respiratory function, flexibility, and body composition.
CHAPTER 1: Introduction and Terminology
CHAPTER 2: Units of Measure
CHAPTER 3: Collection of Basic Data
CHAPTER 4: Isotonic (Dynamic) Strength
CHAPTER 5: Isometric (Static) Strength
CHAPTER 6: Isokinetic Strength
CHAPTER 7: Sprinting—"Horizontal Power"
CHAPTER 8: Jumping—Vertical Power
CHAPTER 9: Anaerobic Cycling
CHAPTER 10: Anaerobic Stepping
CHAPTER 11: Anaerobic Treadmill Running
CHAPTER 12: Aerobic Running, Jogging, and Walking
CHAPTER 13: Aerobic Stepping
CHAPTER 14: Aerobic Cycling
CHAPTER 15: Maximal Oxygen Consumption
CHAPTER 16: Resting Blood Pressure
CHAPTER 17: Exercise Blood Pressure
CHAPTER 18: Resting Electrocardiogram
CHAPTER 19: Exercise Electrocardiogram
CHAPTER 20: Resting Lung Volumes CHAPTER 21: Exercise Ventilation
CHAPTER 22: Flexibility
CHAPTER 23: Body Mass Index
CHAPTER 24: Girths and Ratios
CHAPTER 25: Skinfolds
CHAPTER 26: Hydrostatic Weighing
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Included Instructor Resources:
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.