Essentials of Business Statistics, 5th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The primary goal of Essentials of Business Statistics is to illustrate an accurate view of business statistics in a way that students can easily understand. This is achieved in the following ways: New statistical topics and tools are introduced by using continuing case studies. This approach helps to alleviate student anxiety in learning new concepts and enhances overall comprehension Streamlined and clarified coverage of graphical and numerical methods New graphically based procedures for finding confidence intervals and performing hypothesis tests Increased emphasis on Excel and MINITAB with improved and updated step-by-step instructions in the end of chapter material Connect Business Statistics homework management Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, and how they need it, so that your class time is more engaging and effective.
Chapter 1 An Introduction to Business Statistics
Chapter 2 Descriptive Statistics: Tabular and Graphical Methods
Chapter 3 Descriptive Statistics: Numerical Methods
Chapter 4 Probability
Chapter 5 Discrete Random Variables
Chapter 6 Continuous Random Variables
Chapter 7 Sampling and Sampling Distributions
Chapter 8 Confidence Intervals
Chapter 9 Hypothesis Testing
Chapter 10 Statistical Inferences Based on Two Samples
Chapter 11 Experimental Design and Analysis of Variance
Chapter 12 Chi-Square Tests
Chapter 13 Simple Linear Regression Analysis
Chapter 14 Multiple Regression and Model Building
Appendix A Statistical Tables
Answers to Most Odd-Numbered Exercises
Chapter 15 Process Improvement Using Control Charts
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources