Designing and Managing the Supply Chain: Concepts, Strategies and Case Studies4th Edition
David Simchi-Levi covers topics from his 2011 Operations Rules book to produce Designing & Managing the Supply Chain 4e. This edition is available for use with Connect, a reliable, easy-to-use homework and learning management solution that embeds learning science and award-winning adaptive tools for better student results.
1. Introduction to Supply Chain Management
2. Inventory Management and Risk Pooling
3. Network Planning
4. Supply Contracts
5. The Value of Information
6. Supply Chain Integration
7. Distributions Strategies
8. Strategic Alliances
9. Procurement and Outsourcing Strategies
10. Coordinated Product and Supply Chain Design
12. Customer Value
13. Risk Management
14. Sustainable Supply Chains
15. Smart Pricing
16. Information Technology and Business Processes
17. Technology Standards
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.Learn more
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.