Create Success, 1st Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Research shows the best chance a student has at success and persistence in college is to get involved and engaged with the school within 30 days of orientation through relationships, whether with an instructor, staff, or other students. Create Success provides students and instructors with the tools needed to foster these relationships. With agile social learning, instructors can immediately facilitate an active and engaged classroom environment and help students create connections with each other and the school community.
Agile—What you need, when you need it. The modular approach of Create Success allows for complete and easy customization from the start. Each of the modules is self-contained, can be used as a stand-alone workshop, and can be taught in any order. New modules can also be created easily and added with this approach.• Each module is 32 pages, focused on a single topic, and designed for consistency.
• You can deliver the content in the classroom or online with Connect Plus. For more information about Connect Plus, simply visit the following website: http://connect.mcgraw-hill.com.
Social—Connected students stay in school. Social Learning engages students to interact and bond with each other, their instructor, and key personnel at their institution EARLY and OFTEN. This activity-based method of instruction and learning is at the center of every class.
• Get Ready activities at the beginning of every section help the class jump right into participating.
• Facilitation is made easy with complete Active Classroom Guides for the classroom and online.
• Transform your instructors from lecturers into facilitators, mentors, and coaches.
Learning—Connect your present to your future. Learning is complete when content is in practice. Create Success harnesses what students are already doing—interacting with one another—into meaningful activities. These activities support a better student now and a better career later.
• The Create Success activities build toward a tangible output with the Portfolio Activities that prove learning and reflect growth and accomplishments.
• Life outside school hours have a huge impact on student success. The mini-features—Money Smarts, On the Job, and My Success Story—address a holistic vision of life’s challenges and successes.
Create Connections, Create Success
1. Foundations for Student Success
2. Taking Charge of your Education
3. Setting Goals
4. Building Positive Relationships
5. Learning Strategies
6. Taking Notes
7. Studying for Quizzes and Exams
8. Writing with Clarity
9. Managing Time
10. Managing Money
11. Focusing on Health
12. Building a Career Foundation
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools