Become: The Five Commitments of Purposeful Leadership, 1st Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Become a leader worth following by using the proven, evidence-based methods of the widely respected, global leadership firm Linkage, Inc. and leadership development expert Mark Hannum The world’s greatest leaders focus on three critical things: they are committed to accomplishing something that matters; they articulate a vision that others embrace; and they demonstrate a series of five commitments that make up the message of this book. In Become, Mark Hannum, a leading Executive Coach, Consultant, Practitioner and Researcher in the leadership field, reveals the evidence-based secrets that surfaced from vast data Linkage has collected on leadership effectiveness. He details the five commitments that the best leaders make to themselves and their organizations: • INSPIRE others to join the pursuit of a common vision • ENGAGE every team member to contribute their best abilities • INNOVATE key products or processes that lead to the goal • ACHIEVE results by organizing people and aligning resources • BECOME more self-aware and courageous as a leader
Foreword by Thomas A. Kolditz
Introduction: Why Purpose?
1 A Hunger for Leadership
2 The Mystery of Leadership
3 Finding and Framing the Goal
4 The Big Why: How to Connect You and Your Context
5 About Others: Engage and Gather the Team
6 Banish the Status Quo and Break Through
7 The Technical Versus the Leadership Dilemma
8 Go Where You Said You Will: Structure Success
9 Power or Purpose (Always Know the Difference!)
10 Leading with Purpose: Putting It All Together
References and Further Reading
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources