Basic & Clinical Biostatistics: Fifth Edition, 5th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Learn to evaluate and apply statistics in medicine, medical research, and all health-related fields A Doody's Core Title for 2022! Basic & Clinical Biostatistics provides medical students, researchers, and practitioners with the knowledge needed to develop sound judgment about data applicable to clinical care. This fifth edition has been updated throughout to deliver a comprehensive, timely introduction to biostatistics and epidemiology as applied to medicine, clinical practice, and research. Particular emphasis is on study design and interpretation of results of research. The book features “Presenting Problems” drawn from studies published in the medical literature, end-of-chapter exercises, and a reorganization of content to reflect the way investigators ask research questions. To facilitate learning, each chapter contain a set of key concepts underscoring the important ideas discussed. Features: Key components include a chapter on survey research and expanded discussion of logistic regression, the Cox model, and other multivariate statistical methods Extensive examples illustrate statistical methods and design issues Updated examples using R, an open source statistical software package Expanded coverage of data visualization, including content on visual perception and discussion of tools such as Tableau, Qlik and MS Power BI Sampling and power calculations imbedded with discussion of the statistical model Updated content, examples, and data sets throughout
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources