Strategic Management, 5th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Strategic Management, 5e by Frank T. Rothaermel is the fastest growing Strategy title in the market because it uses a unified, singular voice to help students synthesize and integrate theory, empirical research, and practical applications with current, real-world examples. His approach not only offers students a learning experience that uniquely combines rigor and relevance, but also provides tight linkage between the concepts and cases. Rothaermel 5e prepares students with the foundation they need to understand how companies gain and sustain competitive advantage, while developing students’ skills to become successful future leaders capable of making well-reasoned strategic decisions.
1. What Is Strategy?
2. Strategic Leadership: Managing the Strategy Process
3. External Analysis: Industry Structure, Competitive Forces, and Strategic Groups
4. Internal Analysis: Resources, Capabilities, and Core Competencies
5. Competitive Advantage, Firm Performance, and Business Models
PART TWO: FORMULATION
6. Business Strategy: Differentiation, Cost Leadership, and Blue Oceans
7. Business Strategy: Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Platforms
8. Corporate Strategy: Vertical Integration and Diversification
9. Corporate Strategy: Strategic Alliances, Mergers, and Acquisitions
10. Global Strategy: Competing Around the World
PART THREE: IMPLEMENTATION
11. Organizational Design: Structure, Culture, and Control
12. Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
PART FOUR: MINICASES
How to Conduct a Case Analysis
1. Apple: What’s Next?2. Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson: " I'm not Howard Schultz"
3. BlackBerry’s Rise and Fall
4. Nike’s Core Competency: The Risky Business of Creating Heroes
5. Business Model Innovation: How Dollar Shave Club Disrupted Gillette
6. How JCPenney Sailed into a Red Ocean
7. Platform Strategy: How PayPal Solved the Chicken-or-Egg Problem
8. GE: Corporate Strategy Gone Wrong
9. Disney: Building Billion Dollar Franchises
10. Hollywood Goes Global
11. Yahoo: From Internet Darling to Fire Sale
12. Uber: Ethically Most Challenges Tech Company?
1. Airbnb Inc.*
3. Facebook, Inc.*
4. Space X
5. Delta Air Lines, Inc.
6. The Movie Exhibition Industry
7. Starbucks Corporation*
8. The Vanguard Group*
9. Better World Books and the Triple Bottom Line
10. McDonald's Corporation*
11. Best Buy Co., Inc.*
12. Walmart, Inc.
13. Tesla, Inc.*
14. Netflix, Inc.*
15. Amazon.com., Inc.*
16. Apple, Inc.*
17. The Walt Disney Company*
18. UPS in India
19. Alphabet's Google
20. Merck & Co., Inc.
21. Nike, Inc.*
22. Uber Technologies
*Note: The 12 Full-Length cases are included as a separate complimentary eBook in Connect are: Airbnc, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Starbucks Corporation, The Vanguard Group, McDonald’s Corporation, Best Buy Co., Inc., Tesla, Inc., Netflix, Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., Apple, Inc., The Walt Disney Company, Nike, Inc.
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at email@example.com