Children, 15th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Children focuses on providing a systematic, integrative approach that helps students make connections in their learning and practice. The main goals of this text are to connect with today’s students, connect research on children’s development, connecting the developmental process, and connecting development to real life.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Section 2: Beginnings
Chapter 2: Biological Beginnings
Chapter 3: Prenatal Development
Chapter 4: Birth
Section 3: Infancy
Chapter 5: Physical Development in Infancy
Chapter 6: Cognitive Development in Infancy
Chapter 7: Socioemotional Development in Infancy
Section 4: Early Childhood
Chapter 8: Physical Development in Early Childhood
Chapter 9: Cognitive Development in Early Childhood
Chapter 10: Socioemotional Development in Early Childhood
Section 5: Middle and Late Childhood
Chapter 11: Physical Development in Middle and Late Childhood
Chapter 12: Cognitive Development in Middle and Late Childhood
Chapter 13: Socioemotional Development in Middle and Late Childhood
Section 6: Adolescence
Chapter 14: Physical and Cognitive Development in Adolescence
Chapter 15: Cognitive Development in Adolescence
Chapter 16: Socioemotional Development in Adolescence
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources