Human Resource Management12th Edition
• Engage students with examples of how companies are evaluating HRM practices to determine their value.
• Focus on how the strategic management of HR is crucial to the successful operation of a company.
• Emphasize decision-making in end-of-chapter exercises and cases.
1. Human Resource Management: Gaining a Competitive Advantage
PART 1: The Human Resource Environment
2. Strategic Human Resource Management
3. The Legal Environment: Equal Employment Opportunity and Safety
4. The Analysis and Design of Work
PART 2: Acquisition and Preparation of Human Resources
5. Human Resource Planning and Recruitment
6. Selection and Placement
PART 3: Assessment and Development of Human Resources
8. Performance Management
9. Employee Development
10. Employee Separation and Retention
PART 4: Compensation of Human Resources
11. Pay Structure Decisions
12. Recognizing Employee Contributions with Pay
13. Employee Benefits
PART 5: Special Topics in Human Resource Management
14. Collective Bargaining and Labor Relations
15 Managing Human Resources Globally
16. Strategically Managing the HRM Function