Introduction to Criminal Justice, 2021
About the Program
Introduction to Criminal Justice is the ideal text for students who are interested in learning the complexities of the criminal justice system. With nearly 100 years of combined experience in teaching and working in the field, the authors of this comprehensive program empower students to think critically about the U.S. criminal justice system. In the 10th edition, there are new topics to reflect current criminal justice issues, allowing students to benefit from the most up-to-date information and become more engaged in the classroom. Students will also benefit from updated statistics, figures/tables, text, and references/notes. These provide students and teachers with relevant data to analyze and promote critical thinking. Additional features include:
Crime Story: These chapter-opening vignettes motivate students to delve into the chapter.
Myth vs. Fact: These inserts debunk common misconceptions about the system and alert students to the need to question what they see in the media.
Thinking Critically: These sections challenge students to think about and apply chapter concepts.
Careers in Criminal Justice: These mini biographies highlight some of the most exciting career options.
Robust digital experience: Includes a mobile-ready eBook with offline capabilities available in our ReadAnywhere app, the SmartBook 2.0 adaptive learning tool, and Writing Assignment Plus.
CUS Introduction to Criminal Justice 1-year Standalone Connect OSE
CUS Introduction to Criminal Justice 6-year Standalone Connect OSE
CUS Introduction to Criminal Justice Student Edition
CUS Introduction to Criminal Justice, Print and Digital Student Bundle, 1-year subscription
CUS Introduction to Criminal Justice, Print and Digital Student Bundle, 6-year subscription
Additional Details & Resources
Part One: The Foundations of Criminal Justice
- Chapter 1: Crime and Justice in the United States
- Chapter 2: Crime and Its Consequences
- Chapter 3: Explaining Crime
- Chapter 4: The Rule of Law
Part Two: Law Enforcement
- Chapter 5: History and Structure of American Law Enforcement
- Chapter 6: Policing: Roles, Styles, and Functions
- Chapter 7: Policing America: Issues and Ethics
Part Three: The Courts
- Chapter 8: The Administration of Justice
- Chapter 9: Sentencing, Appeals, and the Death Penalty
Part Four: Corrections
- Chapter 10: Institutional Corrections
- Chapter 11: Prison Life, Inmate Rights, Release, Reentry, and Recidivism
- Chapter 12: Community Corrections
Part Five: Additional Issues in Criminal Justice
- Chapter 13: Juvenile Justice
- Chapter 14: The Future of Criminal Justice in the United States