About the Program
Providing a solid foundation for future math study, Building Blocks™ PreK:
- Offers interactive, high-tech activities and low-tech, hands-on manipulatives.
- Offers real-world exploration through manipulatives, computers, books, and more.
- Engages students in mathematical thinking.
- Emphasizes conceptual thinking and reasoning to improve skill acquisition.
- Develops learning aligned with state and national standards: Number and Operations, Geometry, Measurement, Patterns and Algebra, Data Analysis and Classification.
- Provides appropriate and ongoing use of technology.
- Incorporates assessment with learning events.
Building Blocks Pre-K Manipulative Package
Building Blocks Pre-K, Teacher Resource Book
Real Math, Grade PreK, Manipulative Kit
Building Blocks Pre-K, Assessment Guide
Building Blocks Pre-K, Teacher Edition, Volume 1
Building Blocks Pre-K, Teacher Edition, Volume 2
Building Blocks Grade Pre-K, Single Student License 1-Year Subscription
Building Blocks Pre-K, Online Subscription (22 students), 1-year
Clear All Filters
Showing of Results
Showing of Results
To learn about the specific purchase options for this program, please contact our Customer Service team at 800-338-3987
- We have stopped printing many old products, but we might have some stock in our warehouse.
- Select legacy products are available on Create® EasyOrder.
Additional Details & Resources
- Preschool Math Programs: Creative Pathways to Knowledge
This document lists the research that was consulted during the development of the Building Blocks curriculum. It explains the benefits of teaching mathematics to children in preschool, and the types of content that preschool children will be introduced to.
Randomized Control Studies
- Experimental Evaluation of the Effects of a Research Based Preschool Mathematics Curriculum
A randomized-trials design was used to evaluate the effectiveness of a preschool mathematics program based on a comprehensive model of research-based curricula development.
- What Works Clearinghouse Review of Building Blocks
What Works Clearinghouse review determines that McGraw-Hill's Building Blocks has positive effects on mathematics achievement.
- Effects of a Preschool Mathematics Curriculum: Summary Research on the Building Blocks Project
This study evaluated the efficacy of a preschool mathematics program based on a comprehensive model of developing research-based software and print curricula. Building Blocks, funded by the National Science Foundation, is a curriculum development project.
- Research on the NSF-funded Building Blocks Project
This summary presents initial summary research on the first Building Blocks product, a preschool mathematics curriculum.