Bjelland, Human Geography: Landscapes of Human Activities, Updated AP Edition, © 2023, 13e
Grades: 9 - 12
Comprehensive in content, current in data, relevant in interpretation, and fully aligned to the AP Human Geography framework, this program conveys the richness and breadth of human geography.
With full coverage of the AP skills and content, the program seeks to introduce students to the scope and excitement of geography while helping them develop an awareness of its relevance to their daily lives and fostering their role as informed citizens.
Human Geography conveys the richness and breadth of human geography and provides insight into the nature and intellectual challenges of the field of study. Fully comprehensive in content, current in data, relevant in interpretation, and aligned to the AP Curriculum Framework, this AP Edition leads students through an exciting exploration of AP Human Geography and supports success in their coursework and on the Exam.
AP features include:
• Full alignment to the AP Human Geography Framework.
• Chapter opener correlations to AP Learning Objectives.
• AP Key Terms highlighted at point-of-use.
• End-of-chapter AP practice with FRQs in A-G format.
• Free-response questions that assess students’ grasp of concepts and skills throughout each chapter.
• Digital skill and unit reviews, practice exams, and writing exemplars with feedback for students at different points of content mastery.
• An AP Teacher Manual, available in print and online, which includes classroom activities, pacing guides, and a summary of concepts and themes covered in each chapter.
- Introduction: Some Background Basics
Themes and Fundamentals of Human Geography
- Roots and Meaning of Culture: Introduction
- Spatial Interaction and Spatial Behavior
- Population: World Patterns, Regional Trends
Patterns of Diversity and Unity
- Language and Religion: Mosaics of Culture
- Ethnic Geography: Threads of Diversity
- Cultural Identities and Cultural Landscapes: Diversity and Uniformity
Dynamic Patterns of the Global Economy
- Economic Geography: Primary Activities
- Economic Geography: Manufacturing and Services
- Economic Development and Change
Landscapes of Functional Organization
- Urban Systems and Urban Structures
- The Political Ordering of Space
Human Actions and Environmental Impacts
- Human Impacts on the Environment