Teaching Pre-Algebra: Graphing Linear Equations
Grade Levels: 8-10
About the Program
Participants extend their understanding of ways to teach linear equations with an emphasis on graphing. They graph points and lines and relate graphs to their numerical representations. Participants also consider teaching strategies that support this content in the classroom and develop a lesson plan for teaching this or similar content. The NCTM teaching
- Review and expand understanding of linear equation graphs.
- Expand awareness of effective instructional strategies for teaching linear equation and graphing concepts.
- Develop a project outline to use in the classroom.
- Explore Web links for classroom resources and professional development opportunities.
RttT/SIG Assurances covered:
- Great Teachers and Leaders
- Turning Around the Lowest Performing Schools
Audience: Building Administrators, Coaches, and Teachers
Number of Participants: 1
Delivery Method: Online
Time: 3 to 5 hours