* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Now in its fifteenth successful edition, Effective Group Discussion combines the most recent research findings and practical tools students need to become productive group members. A variety of secondary groups are covered in the text: work groups, committees, task forces, self-directed work teams, and other small groups whose objectives include finding solutions to problems, producing goods, and creating policies.
Instructors and students can now access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect® is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following:
• SmartBook® - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content.
• Access to your instructor’s homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, notes, reminders, and other important files for the course.
• Progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement.
• The option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book. This binder-ready, loose-leaf version includes free shipping.
Complete system requirements to use Connect can be found here: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-students.html
Effective Group Discussion: Theory and Practice, 15e
CHAPTER 1: The Small Groups in Everyone’s Life
CHAPTER 2: Human Communication Processes in the Small Group Context
CHAPTER 3: The Small Group as a System
CHAPTER 4: Diversity and the Effects of Culture
CHAPTER 5: The Members and Their Roles
CHAPTER 6: Communication and Group Culture: Tensions, Fantasy, Socialization, Norms, and Climate
CHAPTER 7: Leading Small Groups: Theoretical Perspectives
CHAPTER 8: Leading Small Groups: Practical Tips
CHAPTER 9: Problem Solving and Decision Making in Groups: Theoretical Perspectives
CHAPTER 10: Problem Solving and Decision Making in Groups: Practical Tips and Techniques
CHAPTER 11: Managing Conflict in the Small Group
CHAPTER 12: Tools for Assessing and Evaluating Groups
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.