Life: The Essentials of Human Development, 2nd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Life: The Essentials of Human Development is designed to be a brief but thorough account of human development from conception to death, exposing students to culture and diversity, and immersing them in practical application.
Chapter 1: The Study of Human Development
Chapter 2: Theory and Research
Part 2: Beginnings
Chapter 3: Forming a New Life
Chapter 4: Birth and Physical Development during the First Three Years
Chapter 5: Cognitive Development during the First Three Years
Chapter 6: Psychosocial Development during the First Three Years
Part 3: Early Childhood
Chapter 7: Physical and Cognitive Development in Early Childhood
Chapter 8: Psychosocial Development in Early Childhood
Part 4: Middle Childhood
Chapter 9: Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood
Chapter 10: Psychosocial Development in Middle Childhood
Part 5: Adolescence
Chapter 11: Physical and Cognitive Development in Adolescence
Chapter 12: Psychosocial Development in Adolescence
Part 6: Emerging and Young Adulthood
Chapter 13: Physical and Cognitive Development in Emerging and Young Adulthood
Chapter 14: Psychosocial Development in Emerging and Young Adulthood
Part 7: Middle Adulthood
Chapter 15: Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Adulthood
Chapter 16: Psychosocial Development in Middle Adulthood
Part 8: Late Adulthood
Chapter 17: Physical and Cognitive Development in Late Adulthood
Chapter 18: Psychosocial Development in Late Adulthood
Part 9: The End of Life
Chapter 19: Dealing with Death and Bereavement
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources