The CODiE Awards recognize excellence in software development and outstanding resources for teaching and learning McGraw-Hill Reading Wonders™, Everyday Mathematics®, McGraw-Hill Connect®, Tegrity Campus among finalists
NEW YORK, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- McGraw-Hill, a leading innovator in digital teaching and learning solutions for 21st century students across K-20, today announced that 12 of its digital learning solutions have been named finalists for the Software and Information Industry Association's 2013 CODiE Awards in educational technology. The CODiE Awards, an annual program that recognizes excellence in software development, is the only peer-recognition program of its kind.
"We're extremely proud that The Software and Information Industry Association has selected 12 of our programs as finalists for this year's CODiE Awards," said Buzz Waterhouse, president and chief executive officer of McGraw-Hill. "Our commitment to students and educators has driven us to continuously pair the most flexible, personalized and advanced education technologies with the best educational content, and to tailor all of our solutions to address a variety of learning styles. Our overarching digital goal is to generate positive results for students, educators and institutions, and we are honored to be recognized by our peers for our many contributions in this space."
Twelve of McGraw-Hill's programs have been selected as finalists in 13 categories:
- McGraw-Hill Reading Wonders, nominated for Best Classroom Management Solution and Best Reading/English/ELL Instructional Solution
- Everyday Mathematics, nominated for Best Student Assessment Solution
- SRA Reading Laboratory™ 2.0, nominated for Best PK-12 Personalized Learning Solution
- McGraw-Hill networks, nominated for Best Social Sciences Instructional Solution
- Glencoe Math Courses 1-3, nominated for Best Virtual Learning Solution
- Sail Through Math app, nominated for Best Educational Use of a Mobile Device
- McGraw-Hill Studio Space: Art Talk and Exploring Art, nominated for Best Instructional Solution in Other Curriculum Areas
Higher education finalists
- McGraw-Hill Anatomy & Physiology REVEALED, nominated for Best Educational Use of a Mobile Device and Best Science/Health Instructional Solution
- McGraw-Hill Connect, nominated for Best Postsecondary Learning Solution
- McGraw-Hill Practice Marketing™, nominated for Best Education Game or Simulation and Best Virtual Learning Solution
- McGraw-Hill SimNet® Online, nominated for Best Postsecondary Personalized Learning Solution, Best Classroom Management Solution and Best Student Assessment Solution
- Tegrity Campus, nominated for Best Postsecondary Enterprise Solution
Winners of the CODiE Awards are scheduled to be announced on May 6 at the Ed Tech Industry Summit in San Francisco, Calif.