NEW YORK (May 19, 2021) – McGraw Hill CEO Simon Allen has joined the growing coalition of nearly 2,000 CEOs committing himself, and McGraw Hill, to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace. By signing on to the CEO Action
"I am proud to sign this pledge and further the actions we're taking to advance inclusion and diversity at McGraw Hill," Allen said. "We realize the importance of attracting, retaining, and developing diverse talent that represents the customers we serve. By fostering an inclusive culture where employees feel heard and respected, we'll be better positioned to anticipate and understand our customers' needs and create learning solutions that are culturally responsive and increase educational equity."
McGraw Hill's commitment to inclusion and diversity includes actions such as:
- Creating a global Inclusion and Diversity strategy
- Introducing Inclusive Behaviors across the company
- Establishing diversity representation goals for the organization
- Hosting a monthly Inclusion and Diversity Speaker Series on topics such as allyship and racial equity
- Forming a K-12 Educational Equity Advisory Board that advises the company on product development and other initiatives
- Creating Employee Resource Groups and a Women's Leadership Initiative
- Participating in inclusive leadership training for Executive Leadership, Recruiters, and Hiring Managers
By signing this pledge hosted by CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™, McGraw Hill will openly share its actions with the other organizations who have made this commitment. To learn more about McGraw Hill's Inclusion and Diversity programs, visit https://www.mheducation.com/about/inclusion-diversity.html.