Questions and Answers:
Tell us a bit about you and your role at McGraw Hill.
I am an Academic Designer for K–5 Math and I spend my days creating both print and digital math curriculum. In my 16 years at McGraw Hill, I have also had the opportunity to be a part of Podium Pros Toastmasters and the Polaris Activities Committee, to be a Wellness Champion and an I&D Champion, and to be one of the founding members of PRIDE.
Prior to working at McGraw Hill, I was a middle school teacher, math department head, and a manager/marketing specialist at various national restaurants. Now, I spend my free time hanging with my daughter and our two kittens, tutoring in K–12 mathematics, and designing my (future) tiny house.
How will the PRIDE Employee Resource Group help McGraw Hill employees celebrate and learn about PRIDE all year round?
While June may be a pride-focused month in many countries, including the US and Canada, we want it to merely be a kick-off for celebrating throughout the entire year! Here are a few of the items McGraw Hill PRIDE has planned throughout the upcoming year(s).
- Supporting local and national LGBTQ+ youth charities
- Hosting trainings and workshops around LGBTQ+ & Allies topics, including how to support our LGBTQ+ youth
- Promoting local LGBTQ+ businesses, as well as authors, movies, shows, etc. for our employees to support
- Participating in and sponsoring local Pride events
- Spotlighting and celebrating LGBTQ+ holidays and remembrance days
- Hosting LGBTQ+ book clubs and other interest groups
- And much more!