Grade Levels: K-3
About the Program
- Multisensory instruction in every lesson enables students with different learning styles to effectively learn and remember phonics concepts.
- Easily identifiable icons for speaking, reading, listening, and writing lead students through the lessons.
- Exploring Differences section in every lesson provides hints to help Spanish- and Asian-language speakers deal with the sounds and spellings of English, making this an ideal program for diverse classrooms.
The Student Edition builds skills in a systematic manner by:
- Formally introducing each new skill
- Providing practice and language application of that skill
- Offering standardized testing formats within and at the end of each unit.
The Teacher’s Edition offers a wide range of teaching options, including:
- ESL strategies
- Visual, auditory, and kinesthetic activities
- Spelling activities
- Mini storybooks
- Cross-curricular projects
- Literature Connections
These Additional Components can be used:
- Before lessons to motivate children and establish a context for the skills to be taught
- After lessons to help children apply the skills they have learned
Grade 1: Phonics Readers for Writers
- Takehome books provide added practice for long and short vowels and include short stories to be read at home with parents
- Available in packages of 10.
Grades 1–2: Big Books/Little Books
- Colorful, original stories extend and enrich phonics instruction
- Available in six packs of 10 titles.
Grades 1–2: Poetry Posters
- These beautifully illustrated classic and contemporary poems are effective teaching tools.
- Each laminated poster contains phonetic patterns.
Grade 3: Poetry Posters
- Each laminated poster contains blends, digraphs, and syllables.
SRA Phonics Beginning Readers, Little Book Complete Library (1 of each title), Grade 1
SRA Phonics Readers for Writers, Annotated Teacher Edition, Nate Eats a Cake - (long a / pkg. of 10), Grade 1
SRA Phonics Readers, Squeeze In - Consonant Blends (little book - 6 pack), Grade 2
SRA Phonics, More Consonant Sounds - Set of 6, Grade K
SRA Phonics, Teacher's Edition - Book 3, Grade 3
SRA Phonics, Student Edition - Book 1, Grade 1
SRA Phonics, Student Edition - Book 2, Grade 2
SRA Phonics, Student Edition - Book 3, Grade 3