Math Connects: Concepts, Skills, and Problem Solving © 2009
Math Connects: Concepts, Skills, and Problem Solving was written by the authorship team with the end results in mind. The series is organized around the NCTM Focal Points and is designed to meet most state standards.
About the Program
The Math Connects author team looked at the content needed to be successful in Geometry and Algebra and backmapped the development of mathematical content, concepts, and procedures to PreK to ensure a solid foundation and seamless transition from grade level to grade level. The series is organized around the NCTM Focal Points and is designed to meet most state standards. Math Connects focuses on three key areas of vocabulary to build mathematical literacy, intervention options aligned to RtI, and includes a comprehensive assessment system of diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments.
- Focus on concepts, skills, and problem solving for a truly balanced program
- Promotes vocabulary to build mathematical literacy
- Provides intervention options prescribed within the program or referenced to Math Triumphs, an RtI Tier 3 companion intervention program
- Applies a comprehensive assessment system including diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments in addition to self-assessment options for students
- Enhanced differentiated instruction through lesson interleaves with leveled instructional alternatives for each lesson