Managing Behavior to Support Differentiated Instruction
Grade Levels: K-8
About the Program
Teachers must teach students how to manage the freedom of collaborative learning, communicating respectfully, and cooperating with peers. This online workshop presents a proactive communication system called Two Choice Discipline (TCD) that clearly identifies acceptable responses, choices, and preset consequences. TCD helps adults and students communicate respectfully and apply reasonable decision-making and self-regulation.
Content for this online workshop is based on materials authored by Vicki Gibson, Ph.D., Managing Behavior to Support Differentiating Instruction (2010) and Parenting Responsible Children (2010), available at www.gha-pd.com.
- Practice and develop active listening.
- Learn to select appropriate choices and consequences to be taught and used as safe boundaries for participation and decision-making.
- Develop ways to teach responsible, accountable decision-making and develop self-regulation.
- Establish ways to clearly identify performance expectations for students when a teacher is working with another small group.
RttT/SIG Assurances covered:
- Great Teachers and Leaders
- Turning Around the Lowest Performing Schools
Audience: Administrators, Support Staff, Teachers, Paraprofessionals
Number of Participants: 1
Delivery Method: Online
Time: 4-6 hours
Managing Behavior to Support Differentiated Instruction Administrator Workshop ©2012, 1 Year Subscription
Managing Behavior to Support Differentiated Instruction Teacher Workshop ©2012, 1 Year Subscription