Culinary Essentials © 2016
About the Program
- Hands-on approach includes unit-length Culinary Projects and chapter-based Certification Prep activities, Culinary Lab applications, and step-by-step illustrations are perfect tools to help prepare for SkillsUSA.
- Safety Check and Sanitation Check features stress the importance of safe preparation practices in handling foods and cooking tools
- Academic Standards, Critical Thinking and Reading Skills, and Real World Skills and Applications follow students throughout the text
- Nutrition Notes, Small Bites, and other features zero in on key facts students need to know
- Instruction tips and techniques provide advice and information on how to better address differentiated instruction and the diverse classroom.
- Content updates include new images throughout and updates MyPyramid to MyPlate.
Culinary Essentials © 2016 features online resources on the MHE ConnectED platform empowering teachers to easily teach, manage classroom assignments, and engage students. Teachers can access the student eBook, digital resources, assessment and planning tools in one convenient location. Print teacher editions are available print-on-demand on Create™.