Springboard Beginning Reading Concept Big Books
Grade Levels: K-4
About the Program
- Finely leveled books to ensure success, learning, and enjoyment for all students
- 240 leveled titles packaged in 5 ways to meet classroom needs
- Fiction and nonfiction texts including a variety of text types
- Careful attention to the introduction of high-frequency words
- Phonetic elements introduced systematically with many opportunities for review and practice
- Visual literacy features for introduction to nonfiction text features
- Enhance your core reading program with leveled library sets. Provide students with opportunities to read a variety of books and genres for the practice they need to become fluent independent readers. Each library has single copies of books spanning a range of four to six levels.
- Provide models of fiction and nonfiction genres for reading and writing purposes. The sets include books on two grade levels and provide a range of reading levels to accommodate diverse learning needs in primary classrooms.
- Help develop fluency and confidence by providing students with a variety of texts at their assessed reading level. Each level set contains 8 or 16 titles.
- Nonfiction sets for each grade provide students with opportunities to apply nonfiction skills and strategies - necessary for reading achievement and improved test performance. Nonfiction access features are introduced with labels, photographs, maps, and charts. Springboard nonfiction sets support science and social studies content areas.
- Supplement your guided reading program with 6-packs of leveled text for small group instruction. Choose from 240 titles from Early Emergent to Fluency stages (Levels A–R).
- Model reading and writing skills with 20 Big Books divided into 2 collections.
Springboard, A Garden in a Bottle (Level J) 6-pack
Springboard, About Milk (Level O) 6-pack
Springboard, Allie Visits Crystal River (Level P) 6-pack
Springboard, Amazing Humpback Whales (Level L) 6-pack
Springboard, American Beavers (Level L) 6-pack
Springboard, An Interview with Cindy Centipede (Level Q), 6-pack
Springboard, Bertie Beaver Goes to the City (Level D) 6-pack
Springboard, Best Blackberries, The (Level K) 6-pack
Springboard, Big Greg to the Rescue (Level M) 6-pack
Springboard, Blue Morpho Butterflies (Level O) 6-pack
Springboard, Bronto's New House (Level J) 6-pack
Springboard, Builders Day, A (Level K) 6-pack
Springboard, At The Fair C
Springboard, Trains Level F