Teaching Tutor CD-ROMs
Teaching Tutors are professional development tools for instructors using SRA's specialized reading and language arts intervention programs. These easy-to-use CD-ROMs use a variety of multimedia resources to provide educators with the detailed information they need to effectively implement programs in their classrooms.
About the Program
- Easy-to-use presentation style format
- Comprehensive program introductions
- In-class video clips of program lessons being delivered
- PDFs of each example lesson discussed
- Integrated audio and closed-captioning for self-paced or classroom-style training
- Bookmarking feature allows easy reference for multi-day training sessions
Teaching Tutors are now available for each of the following programs:
- Corrective Reading
- Language for Learning
- Reading Mastery Classic
- Reading Mastery Plus
- Reading Mastery Signature Edition
- Early Interventions in Reading
Teaching Tutors help educators and instructors ensure that they are properly trained and equipped to deliver accurate and well-paced lessons to classrooms of any size or configuration. Through informative text, audio, and real classroom video clips, this series of CD-ROMs provides a readily-accessible training and professional development solution.
- Integrated print component samples, video clips, and informative audio provide a comprehensive view of each program.
- Flexible navigation options and bookmarking allows users to stop and start at will without losing track of progress.
- Teaching tips and suggestions prepare users for real-life instructional situations.
- Full program coverage allows for timely and specific training as instructors move to teaching different program levels and strands – including previous editions.
- CD-ROM format with no installation necessary allows Teaching Tutors to be used virtually anywhere at any time as a portable training aid.
SRA’s Teaching Tutors are an affordable and easy-to-use enhancement to traditional training methods that dramatically improve the quality and availability of your professional development offerings.
Corrective Reading Comprehension, Teaching Tutor Software
Corrective Reading Decoding, Teaching Tutor Software
Reading Mastery Language Arts Strand Grade K & 1, Teaching Tutor
Reading Mastery Reading/Literature Strand Grade 2-5, Teaching Tutor
Reading Mastery Reading/Literature Strand Grade 1, Teaching Tutor
Additional Details & Resources
Corrective Reading - Comprehension
Level B: Lesson 13, Exercise 2 - Analogies
Level B1: Lesson 13, Exercise 4 - Inference
Level C: Lesson 45, Exercise 1 - Sentence Combinations
Placement Test Administration (part 2)
Corrective Reading, Decoding
Level A: Lesson 61, Exercise 2 (pronunciations)
Level A: Lesson 6, Exercise 2 (error correction segment)
Level B1: Lesson 26, Exercise 2 (sound identification error segment)
Individual Test Format
Placement Test Administration
Language for Learning
Lesson 44, Exercise 4
Lesson 140, Exercise 2 - Opposites
Lesson 140, Exercise 6 - Pictures
Lesson 140: Workbook Exercises
Format for Correction Procedure
Using individual turns to check for understanding
Placement Test administration
Reading Mastery (reading strand)
Grade 1: Lesson 1 - Stop Sound Words
Grade 1: Lesson 105 (using individual turns to check for understanding)
Grade 2: Lesson 71 (workcheck)
Grade 3: Lesson 23, Exercise 6
Grade 3: Reading Placement Test Administration (part 1)
Grade 3: Reading Placement Test Administration (part 2)