Core-Plus Mathematics: Course 4: Preparation for Calculus
Funded by the National Science Foundation, Core-Plus Mathematics is a four-year, international-like high school mathematics program that aligns well with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, including the Standards of Mathematical Practice.
Course 4 continues the preparation of students for college mathematics, with a focus on preparation for calculus. The text is designed so that students learn important mathematics and mathematical habits of mind through inquiry and problem-based investigations featuring realistic contexts.
Core-Plus Mathematics provides extensive teacher support and a suite of free available mathematical software tools
About the Program
- Development of mathematics as an active science of patterns involving quantity and change, shape and motion, data and chance, and counting and algorithms
- Courses organized around interwoven strands of
- algebra and functions
- geometry and trigonometry
- statistics and probability
- discrete mathematics
- Mathematical strands developed in coherent, focused units connected by fundamental unifying ideas
- Mathematics developed in context with an emphasis on applications and mathematical modeling
- Student-centered investigations promote active learning through problem solving
- Full and appropriate use of technology tools, including new CPMP-Tools® software for each course
Core-Plus Course 4 Online Teacher's Guide (1-Year Subscription)
Core-Plus Course 4 Online Teacher's Guide (6-Year Subscription)'
Implementing the Core-Plus Mathematics Curriculum
Core-Plus Course 4 Online Student Edition (1-Year Subscription)
Core-Plus Course 4 Online Student Edition (6-Year Subscription)