Grade Levels: 1-3
About the Program
Text types include:
- Procedural Text
- Personal writing such as diaries, letters, and e-mails
- Visual literacy texts such as maps
Each Big Book Pack contains:
Big Book with E-Book
- Each E-Book supports and extends the use of the Big Book through a wide variety of activities that can be completed on screen.
- Every section of the Big Book is included in the E-Book.
- E-Book activities include: editing text from the Big Book; creating new versions of the tale; writing responses to texts, such as a reply to a letter or a summary of factual text.
- E-Book activities are open-ended and ideal for collaborative, teacher-led work such as shared and modeled writing.
- The back page and inside back cover of each Big Book provide teacher support for: shared reading and writing; identifying specific text features; developing thinking skills and critical literacy by comparing and contrasting the different sections of the book; and providing a range of follow-up activities.
6-pack of student books
CD-ROM with teacher notes
- Interactive versions of the stories
- A wealth of highly engaging activities focusing on key skills and strategies
- Audio support and continual feedback
- Off-screen activities to build on work done at computer
Inside Stories, Cinderella: Big Book Pack
Inside Stories, Goldilocks and the Three Bears: Big Book Pack
Inside Stories, The Gingerbread Man, 6-pack
Inside Stories, The Three Billy Goats Gruff: Big Book Pack
Inside Stories, The Three Little Pigs: Big Book Pack