Davidson, Experience History: Interpreting American's Past © 2019, 9e
About the Program
With this narrative approach with a social and cultural perspective on U.S. history, students see themselves as stakeholders in an ongoing historical narrative, rather than passive recipients of a historical legacy that has little to do with their individual lives.
A first-of-its-kind for today’s AP classroom, with:
• Chapter openers focus on the key concepts in the new AP framework covered in that chapter.
• The Historian’s Toolbox presents historical evidence through primary and secondary images and artifacts for students to analyze.
• Critical Thinking that focuses on primary and secondary sources from different eras specifically developed with AP exam rubrics in mind.
• After the Fact that visually flags key text and images to support the effective use of evidence in constructing a historical argument.
• Many Histories that delivers contrasting perspectives on key events for analysis and discussion.
• Critical Thinking Questions to provide students with practice on answering DBQs.
• A wealth of AP practice, focused review, and document-based questions integrated throughout.
• An AP Teacher Manual, available in print and online, includes classroom activities, pacing guides, AP test banks, practice exams, and more.
AP®, Advanced Placement®, and Advanced Placement Program® are trademarks registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, these products.
Davidson, Experience History, 2019, 9e, (AP Ed), AP Teacher Manual
Davidson, Experience History, 2019, 9e, (AP Ed), Online Teacher Edition, 1-year subscription
Davidson, Experience History, 2019, 9e, (AP Ed), Online Teacher Edition, 6-year subscription
Davidson, Experience History, 2019, 9e, (AP Ed), Online Student Edition, 1-year subscription
Davidson, Experience History, 2019, 9e, (AP Ed), Online Student Edition, 6-year subscription
Davidson, Experience History, 2019, 9e, (AP Edition), Standard Student bundle (Student Edition with Online Student Edition), 1-year subscription
Davidson, Experience History, 2019, 9e, (AP Edition), Standard Student bundle (Student Edition with Online Student Edition), 6-year subscription
Davidson, Experience History: Interpreting America's Past, 2019, 9e, (AP Ed), Student Edition
To learn about the specific purchase options for this program, please contact our Customer Service team at 800-338-3987
- We have stopped printing many old products, but we might have some stock in our warehouse.
- Select legacy products are available on Create® EasyOrder.
Additional Details & Resources
- CHAPTER 1 The First Civilizations of North America
- CHAPTER 2 Old Worlds, New Worlds 1400–1600
- CHAPTER 3 Colonization and Conflict in the South 1600–1750
- CHAPTER 4 Colonization and Conflict in the North 1600–1700
- CHAPTER 5 The Mosaic of Eighteenth-Century America 1689–1768
- CHAPTER 6 Imperial Triumph, Imperial Crisis 1754–1776
- CHAPTER 7 The American People and the American Revolution 1775–1783
- CHAPTER 8 Crisis and Constitution 1776–1789
- CHAPTER 9 The Early Republic 1789–1824
- CHAPTER 10 The Opening of America 1815–1850
- CHAPTER 11 The Rise of Democracy 1824–1840
- CHAPTER 12 Afire with Faith 1820–1850
- CHAPTER 13 The Old South 1820–1860
- CHAPTER 14 Western Expansion and the Rise of the Slavery Issue 1820–1850
- CHAPTER 15 The Union Broken 1850–1861
- CHAPTER 16 The Civil War and the Republic 1861–1865
- CHAPTER 17 Reconstructing the Union 1865–1877
- CHAPTER 18 The New South and the Trans-Mississippi West 1870–1914
- CHAPTER 19 The New Industrial Order 1870–1914
- CHAPTER 20 The Rise of an Urban Order 1870–1914
- CHAPTER 21 Realignment at Home and Empire Abroad 1877–1900
- CHAPTER 22 The Progressive Era 1890–1920
- CHAPTER 23 The United States and the Collapse of the Old World Order 1901–1920
- CHAPTER 24 The New Era 1920–1929
- CHAPTER 25 The Great Depression and the New Deal 1929–1939
- CHAPTER 26 America’s Rise to Globalism 1927–1945
- CHAPTER 27 Cold War America 1945–1954
- CHAPTER 28 The Suburban Era 1945–1963
- CHAPTER 29 Civil Rights and Uncivil Liberties 1947–1969
- CHAPTER 30 The Vietnam Era 1963–1975
- CHAPTER 31The Conservative Challenge 1976–1992
- CHAPTER 32 The United States in a Global Community 1980–Present