Teaching Pre-Algebra: Multi-Step Equations
About the Program
Participants extend their understanding of ways to teach multi-step equations. They use algebra tiles and algebraic methods to solve multi-step equations; consider teaching strategies that support this content in the classroom; and develop a lesson plan for teaching this or similar content. The NCTM teaching strands most addressed by this course are Algebra and Problem Solving.
- Review and expand understanding of concepts related to solving multi-step equations.
- Apply concepts to problem-solving applications.
- Expand awareness of effective instructional strategies for teaching these concepts.
RttT/SIG Assurances covered:
- Great Teachers and Leaders
- Turning Around the Lowest Performing Schools
Audience: Building Administrators, Coaches, and Teachers
Number of Participants: 1
Delivery Method: Online
Time: 3 to 5 hours