Teaching Pre-Algebra: Integers
Grade Levels: 8-10
About the Program
Participants use number lines and positive and negative counters to explore the meaning of integers and results of operations on integers. They observe a classroom lesson on integer addition, consider teaching strategies that support this content in the classroom, and develop a lesson plan for teaching this or similar content. The NCTM strand most addressed by this course is Number and Operations.
- Develop and expand understanding of integers and integer operations.
- Learn effective instructional strategies for teaching integers.
- Learn how instruction in integers progresses across the grades.
RttT/SIG Assurances covered:
- Great Teachers and Leaders
- Turning Around the Lowest Performing Schools
Audience: Building Administrators, Coaches, and Teachers
Number of Participants: 1
Delivery Method: Online
Time: 3 to 5 hours