MathScape: Seeing and Thinking Mathematically, Course 2, Buyer Beware, Student Guide
Publication Date: March 11, 2004
ISBN 13: 9780078668067
The purchase quantity range should be 1-29 for this product.
Teach from a textbook that has been extensively researched so that materials are mathematically clear and pedagogically effective. Findings from multiple field tests in diverse settings were incorporated into the final product.
Increase flexibility with two formats: consolidated hardcover with seven units in each or 21 individual softcover units. The seven units include:
- Buyer Beware Rates, Ratios, Percents, and Proportions
- Chance Encounters Probability in Games and Simulations
- Making Mathematical Arguments Generalizing About Numbers
- From the Ground Up Modeling, Measuring, and Constructing Houses
- The Language of Algebra Equations, Tables, and Graphs
- Getting Down to Business Functions and Spreadsheets
- Getting in Shape Exploring Two-Dimensional Figures
Guide your students sequentially from concepts and skills to application and problem solving using Phases. Each unit is divided into several Phases with the final Phase providing a variety of assessment opportunities for all levels of students.
Enhance your curriculum coverage with strengthened content on fractions, decimals, and percents; added content on integer concepts and operations, factors, multiples, and rules of divisibility; and designed new lessons on proportions, graphing linear function, similarity and congruence, and transformation.