High-Performance Writing Beginning Level, Persuasive Writing
- Instructional practices substantiated by research
- Explicit strategies for writing
- Clear procedures for implementing those strategies
- Detailed scoring rubrics to help you assess writing objectively
- Skill instruction at points when students will use the skill in their writing
- Instruction in basic grammar and language usage
- Practice in demand-writing to develop fluency and expression
- Processes that help children produce pieces that are polished, expansive, expressive
Using the direct-instruction method, High-Performance Writing addresses the writing instruction needs of all students including special education and ESL students.Each unit follows a sequence of instruction and contains a complete sequence of activities to achieve a particular piece of writing. Terry Dodds, author of several other SRA direct-instruction programs including Readers and Writers, Learning Through Literature, and Language for Learning, developed the program.
- Units built around specific topics address the writing genre frequently identified in state frameworks, allowing you to target grade-appropriate writing skills.
- Straightforward lessons provide the scaffolding students need to internalize the writing process and emerge as independent writers.
- Writing and revising strategies help students incorporate the six traits of effective writing.
Purchase this product
The purchase quantity range should be 1-29 for this product.