Dr. Vicki Gibson
CEO, Chairman, Gibson Hasbrouck and Associates
Educational Consultant, Gibson Hasbrouck & Associates
Author, Wonders Reading Program, McGraw-Hill
Dr. Vicki Gibson has been teaching students, training teachers, writing curriculum, and directing instruction since 1975. Dr. Gibson is CEO/Chairman of an educational consulting group, Gibson Hasbrouck & Associates, that provides high-quality professional development onsite and online for administrators and teachers. She is also the Curriculum Director of Longmire Learning Center, Inc. (LLC), a private educational facility serving families with children ages 2-8 years. Dr. Gibson owned three private preschools, taught and lectured for ten years at Texas A&M University, and taught ten years in public schools as a Kindergarten teacher, special education resource teacher, adaptive behavior specialist, and learning disability specialist. She received her B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. at Texas A&M University.
- Austin, TX (Professional)
- Dallas, TX (Professional)
- Texas A&M University (Professional; B.S.; M.S.; Ph.D.)
- Differentiated Instruction
- Classroom Management: Managing Whole- and Small-Group Activities
- Emergent Reading and Writing Instruction
- Developing Language and Literacy in Preschool-Grade 2
- Teaching Respectful Communication and Responsible Decision-Making
- Texas Wonders
- Gibson, V. & Wilson, J. (2014). Administrative Roles for Differentiating Teaching and Collaborative Practice in Middle and High Schools, Austin, TX: Gibson Hasbrouck & Associates.
- Gibson, V. & Wilson, J. (2014). Managing Classrooms for Young Children, Austin, TX: Gibson Hasbrouck & Associates.
- Gibson, V. (2014). We Can Early Learning Curriculum, Voyager Learning, Dallas, TX
- Gibson, V. (2014). I Can Draw Prewriting Curriculum, Voyager Learning, Dallas, TX
- Gibson, V. (2011). Managing Behaviors to Support Differentiated Instruction. Wellesley, MA: Gibson Hasbrouck & Associates.
- Gibson, V., & Wilson, J.R. (2011). Parenting Responsible Children. Wellesley, MA: Gibson Hasbrouck & Associates.
- Gibson, V. (2009). Differentiated Instruction: Guidelines for Implementation. Wellesley, MA: Gibson Hasbrouck & Associates.
- Gibson, V., & Hasbrouck, J. E. (2008). Differentiated instruction: Grouping for Success. New York: McGraw-Hill.
My hope for Texas students is that they are encouraged to collaborate and talk more to develop their oral language in ways that will enhance reading comprehension and written expression.