McGraw-Hill Education's Proven Digital Solutions Selected as Finalists for 13 CODiE Awards
Published Fri Mar 22 00:00:00 EDT 2013
The CODiE Awards recognize excellence in software development and outstanding resources for teaching and learning McGraw-Hill Reading Wonders™, Everyday Mathematics®, McGraw-Hill Connect®, Tegrity Campus among finalists
NEW YORK, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- McGraw-Hill Education, a leading innovator in digital teaching and learning solutions for 21st century students across K-20, today announced that 12 of its digital learning solutions have been named finalists for the Software and Information Industry Association's 2013 CODiE Awards in educational technology. The CODiE Awards, an annual program that recognizes excellence in software development, is the only peer-recognition program of its kind.
"We're extremely proud that The Software and Information Industry Association has selected 12 of our programs as finalists for this year's CODiE Awards," said Buzz Waterhouse, president and chief executive officer of McGraw-Hill Education. "Our commitment to students and educators has driven us to continuously pair the most flexible, personalized and advanced education technologies with the best educational content, and to tailor all of our solutions to address a variety of learning styles. Our overarching digital goal is to generate positive results for students, educators and institutions, and we are honored to be recognized by our peers for our many contributions in this space."
Twelve of McGraw-Hill Education's programs have been selected as finalists in 13 categories:
- McGraw-Hill Reading Wonders, nominated for Best Classroom Management Solution and Best Reading/English/ELL Instructional Solution
- Everyday Mathematics, nominated for Best Student Assessment Solution
- SRA Reading Laboratory™ 2.0, nominated for Best PK-12 Personalized Learning Solution
- McGraw-Hill networks, nominated for Best Social Sciences Instructional Solution
- Glencoe Math Courses 1-3, nominated for Best Virtual Learning Solution
- Sail Through Math app, nominated for Best Educational Use of a Mobile Device
- McGraw-Hill Studio Space: Art Talk and Exploring Art, nominated for Best Instructional Solution in Other Curriculum Areas
Higher education finalists
- McGraw-Hill Anatomy & Physiology REVEALED, nominated for Best Educational Use of a Mobile Device and Best Science/Health Instructional Solution
- McGraw-Hill Connect, nominated for Best Postsecondary Learning Solution
- McGraw-Hill Practice Marketing™, nominated for Best Education Game or Simulation and Best Virtual Learning Solution
- McGraw-Hill SimNet® Online, nominated for Best Postsecondary Personalized Learning Solution, Best Classroom Management Solution and Best Student Assessment Solution
- Tegrity Campus, nominated for Best Postsecondary Enterprise Solution
Winners of the CODiE Awards are scheduled to be announced on May 6 at the Ed Tech Industry Summit in San Francisco, Calif.
About McGraw-Hill Education
McGraw-Hill Education is a digital learning company that draws on its more than 100 years of educational expertise to offer solutions that improve learning outcomes around the world. McGraw-Hill Education is the adaptive education technology leader with the vision for creating a highly personalized learning experience that prepares students of all ages for the world that awaits. The Company has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in more than 60 languages. For additional information, visit www.mheducation.com.
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education and intellectual property protection to 500 leading software and information companies. For further information, visit www.siia.net.
Visit our News & Media Center for current contact information.