Strategic Management of Technological Innovation, 7th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Melissa Schilling's Strategic Management of Technological Innovation is the #1 innovation strategy text in the world. It approaches the subject of innovation management as a strategic process, and is organized to mirror the strategic management process used in most strategy textbooks, progressing from assessing the competitive dynamics of a situation to strategy formulation, to strategy implementation. While the book emphasizes practical applications and examples, it also provides systemic coverage of the existing research and footnotes to guide further reading. It is designed to be a primary text for courses in strategic management and innovation and new product development. It is written with the needs of both business students and engineering students.
PART ONE: Industry Dynamics of Technological Innovation
Chapter 2: Sources of Innovation
Chapter 3: Types and Patterns of Innovation
Chapter 4: Standards Battles, Modularity, and Platform Competition
Chapter 5: Timing of Entry
PART TWO: Formulating Technological Innovation Strategy
Chapter 6: Defining the Organization’s Strategic Direction
Chapter 7: Choosing Innovation Projects
Chapter 8: Collaboration Strategies
Chapter 9: Protecting Innovation
PART THREE: Implementing Technological Innovation Strategy
Chapter 10: Organizing for Innovation
Chapter 11: Managing the New Product Development Process
Chapter 12: Managing New Product Development Teams
Chapter 13: Crafting a Deployment Strategy
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources