Real Estate Principles: A Value Approach5th Edition
- Demonstrates how value is central to virtually all real estate decision-making. Students using Ling and Archer should finish the course with a value-oriented framework and a set of valuation and decision making tools that can be applied in a variety of real-world situations.
Part 1: Setting the Stage
1. The Nature of Real Estate and Real Estate Markets
Part 2: Legal and Regulatory Determinants of Value
2. Legal Foundations to Value
3. Conveying Real Property Interests
4. Government Controls and Real Estate Markets
Part 3: Market Valuation and Appraisal
5. Market Determinants of Value
6. Forecasting Ownership Benefits and Value: Market Research
7. Valuation Using the Sales Comparison and Cost Approaches
8. Valuation Using the Income Approach
Part 4: Financing Home Ownership
9. Real Estate Finance: The Laws and Contracts
10. Residential Mortgage Types and Borrower Decisions
11. Sources of Funds for Residential Mortgages
Part 5: Brokering and Closing the Transaction
12. Real Estate Brokerage and Listing Contracts
13. Contracts for Sale and Closing
Part 6: Time, Opportunity Cost, and Value Decisions
14. The Effects of Time and Risk on Value
15. Mortgage Calculations and Decisions
Part 7: Financing and Investing in Commercial Real Estate
16. Commercial Mortgage Types and Decisions
17. Sources of Commercial Debt and Equity Capital
18. Investment Decisions: Ratios
19. Investment Decisions: NPV and IRR
20. Income Taxation and Value
Part 8: Creating and Maintaining Value
21. Enhancing Value through Ongoing Management
22. Leases and Property Types
23. Development: The Dynamics of Creating Value
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts and by continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control. This increased engagement results in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn More
Available within Connect, SmartBook actively tailors content to the individual student- The more a student interacts with SmartBook, the better it gets to know what they know and what they don’t know, helping students to maximize study time. By providing students with a safe place to make mistakes, showing them the areas they need to work on most, and by giving them consistent, personalized feedback at the exact moment they need it, SmartBook helps them to bridge their knowledge gaps and come to class prepared.Learn More
covering the basic concepts in Math, Statistics, Accounting, Excel, and Economics, these are comprised of animated tutorial modules with quiz questions. Instructors can assign these as homework or include for optional practice, leaving them with more time in class to cover finance topics, and ensure that students do not get left behind.Learn More
Assignable Test Bank Material
Connect includes Test Bank questions that can be used as test, quiz and homework questions with multiple problem types and randomized question order.
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.