- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
P.O.W.E.R. Learning is the only research-based student success series with a unifying system for critical thinking and problem solving. P.O.W.E.R. Learning and Your Life: Essentials of Student Success, 4e, utilizes this P.O.W.E.R. framework to maximize students' potential for success in college and life addressing the diverse, career student population by providing direct, practical solutions to the challenges that students face as they navigate their courses and prepare for their careers Includes Connect - a highly reliable, easy-to-use homework and learning management solution that applies learning science and award-winning adaptive tools to improve student results. NEW: SmartBook 2.0, available within Connect, personalizes learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and making students better prepared for class. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 tracks student progress and provides insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
2. Making the Most of Your Time
3. Taking Notes
4. Taking Tests
5. Reading and Remembering
7. Technology and Information Competency
8. Making Decisions and Problem Solving
9. Diversity and Relationships
10.JUGGLING: Stress, Money, Family and Work
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources