P.O.W.E.R. Learning: Strategies for Success in College and Life, 7th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
P.O.W.E.R. Learning is the only research-based student success series with a unifying system for critical thinking and problem solving. P.O.W.E.R. Learning maximizes students' potential for success in college and in life. Using the scientifically-based, yet simple and class-tested principles of the P.O.W.E.R. (Prepare, Organize, Work, Evaluate, and Rethink) system, students gain a sense of mastery and achievement as they move through the text; with the growth of their confidence comes the increased intellectual enthusiasm and personal discipline needed for them to excel.
[PART 1] Getting Started
1 P.O.W.E.R. Learning: Becoming a Successful Student
2 Making the Most of Your Time
3 Discovering Your Learning Styles, Self-Concept, and Values
[PART 2] Using P.O.W.E.R. for Academic Success
4 Taking Notes
5 Taking Tests
6 Reading and Remembering
7 Writing and Speaking
8 Choosing Your Courses and Major
9 Technology and Information Competency
[PART 3] Life Beyond the Classroom
10 Making Good Decisions
11 Diversity and Your Relationships with Others
12 Money Matters
13 Stress, Health, and Wellness
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org