Operations and Supply Chain Management16th Edition
- Covers current issues, focusing on global economy, analytics content that ties decisions to relevant data using math models, and appropriate strategies to solve real world problems.
- Hot topics, changing businesses and reducing costs, are studied to clarify the "big picture".
- Connect: An auto gradable homework solution with the award-winning SmartBook 2.0, simulations and a 3D simulated game for student motivation and success.
Ch. 1 Introduction
Ch. 2 Strategy
Ch. 3 Design of Products and Services
Ch. 4 Projects
Ch. 5 Strategic Capacity Management
5S Investment Analysis
Ch. 6 Learning Curves
Section Two: Manufacturing and Service Processes
Ch. 7 Manufacturing Processes
7S Manufacturing Technology
Ch. 8 Facility Layout
Ch. 9 Service Processes
9S Health Care
Ch. 10 Waiting Line Analysis and Simulation
Ch. 11 Process Design and Analysis
11S Operations Consulting
Ch. 12 Six Sigma Quality
Ch. 13 Statistical Quality Control
Section Three: Supply Chain Processes
Ch. 14 Lean Supply Chains
Ch. 15 Logistics, Distribution, and Transportation
Ch. 16 Global Sourcing and Procurement
Section Four: Supply and Demand Planning and Control
Ch. 17 The Internet of Things and ERP
Ch. 18 Forecasting
Ch. 19 Sales and Operations Planning
19S Linear Programming Using the Excel Solver
Ch. 20 Inventory Management
Ch. 21 Material Requirements Planning
Ch. 22 Workcenter Scheduling
22S Theory of Constraints
A Interest Tables
B Negative Exponential Distribution: Values of E–X
C Areas of the Cumulative Standard Normal Distribution
D Uniformly Distributed Random Digits
E Answers to Selected Objective
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.Learn more
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw-Hill. We have put in place processes to make accessibility and meeting the WCAG AA guidelines part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
In future editions, this rubric will be reformatted to increase accessibility and usability.
McGraw-Hill sites may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are provided as supplementary materials, and for learners’ information and convenience only. McGraw-Hill has no control over and is not responsible for the content or accessibility of any linked website.